Albert Nana Asante, News Editor of an Obuasi- based radio station, Time FM, has allegedly commit­ted suicide in the gold city.

The journalist, who was also a correspondent for The Chronicle newspa­per, allegedly ended his life by drinking a poison­ous substance suspected to be DDT Sunday night.

His body was found inside an uncompleted church building at Akaporiso, a suburb of Obuasi in the Ashanti Region, by police officers and some of his co-workers Monday morning.

The tragic death of the 30-year-old man has left his mother and would-be bride dumfounded, as many of his colleague journalists had continu­ously been probing what might have been the cause.

Albert was engaged to a female teacher by name Gina, and they were billed to have their wedding cer­emony on May 18, 2014; and the venue was sup­posed to be the Seventh Day Adventist Church at Obuasi.

DSP Mathew Asante, Obuasi Municipal Police Commander, who con­firmed the tragic incident to DAILY GUIDE, said the deceased left behind a sui­cide note.

The suicide note, according to close allies of the journalist, asked God for forgiveness for his action and professed his unflinching love for Gina,while blaming some two ladies for his death.

DAILY GUIDE gath­ered that Albert Nana Asante took the extreme step because he could not stand the pressure and nagging issues from two of his former girlfriends, whose names were only given as Abena and Abi­gail.

The deceased, who was a resident of Bediem, a suburb of Obuasi, purport­edly had a baby with Abi­gail about two years ago, and later befriended Abena, but broke up with both of them, and decided to get married to Gina.

This, DAILY GUIDE gathered, was the begin­ning of Albert Asante’s sleepless nights allegedly caused by persistent demands and harassment by the two ladies, particu­larly Abena, whom Albert was said to have accused in his suicide note as hav­ing peddled falsehood about their relationship.

Unable to bear the harassment, the journalist reportedly went to the Akaporiso community where Abena resides and allegedly took in the poi­sonous substance, and died shortly in the uncom­pleted church building close to the lady’s house.

Before his death, Albert wrote on his WhatsApp status: “Sorry for the pain caused each and everyone but I think the time is due. Elder Wampiah, seek for forgiveness. Gina, I still love and care.”

DSP Asante said the police were investigating the circumstances leading to the journalist’s death to determine the actual cause.

The police chief added that his body had been deposited at the Obuasi Government Hospital awaiting autopsy.

Credit: Daily Guide

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *