Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better it did! MultiChoice is committed to ensure that DStv customers get the best international and local channels at affordable prices. True to our commitment to put our customers at the heart of everything we do, today Multichoice Ghana announced a huge decrease on DStv subscription prices, effective on 01 September 2017.
As a customer centric business, we are constantly looking for new ways to deliver more value to our customers. As such, we recently made the move to provide La Liga games to our DStv Family package as well as added great lifestyle and kiddies programming this makes DStv Family a fantastic value option. In addition, SuperSport recently secured the rights to broadcast WWE programming live for the first time ever across sub-Saharan Africa, plus we aired the Floyd Mayweather Jnr versus Conor McGregor fight live on the 26th of August over and above the great coverage we offer of international Football leagues.
“We recognise that our customers are living in tough economic times and want to reward them for their ongoing loyalty and support by providing them with the best local and international entertainment.” says Cecil Sunkwa-Mills, General Manager, MultiChoice Ghana. “We want to do our bit by adjusting the price of their DStv packages to make them more affordable while adding more value.”
“The majority of our input costs are in US dollars and we hope we won’t experience any further currency devaluations or other unexpected increases in costs for the remainder of the year. We will continue to review pricing from time to time, taking into account the economic conditions of our operations.” concluded, Cecil Sunkwa-Mills.
The new pricing is as follows:
|Package||Current Price||New Price|
|Premium||GHS 365||GHS 330|
|Compact Plus||GHS 245||GHS 195|
|Compact||GHS 149||GHS 125|
|Family||GHS 85||GHS 65|
|Access||GHS 50||GHS 35|
Over the last two years, MultiChoice has stuck to our customer promise by providing best entertainment combining both quality and variety at a reduced rate to ensure access to great family entertainment.
- In February 2016, we brought two of the world’s best football leagues, the English Premier League (EPL) and La Liga to DStv Compact customers. Plus, we added seven entertainment channels and opened up Box Office and DStv Catch Up.
- In April 2016, we introduced a “no price increase” to provide relief to our customers in the current tough economic conditions.
- Then in October 2016, we reduced our prices in some countries and added another six great entertainment channels to the Compact Plus bouquet.
- Also in December 2016 we added Fiesta TV, a wholly Ghanaian music channel was added to our offering of Ghanaian channels increasing the number to seven namely GTV, Metro TV, TV3, Joy News, Joy Prime, Adom TV and Fiesta TV.
- Earlier this month, August 2017 we brought all the Spanish La Liga games to DStv Family and added 3 new international channels (BBC Lifestyle, Food Network and Cbeebies).
“This substantial price reduction across our DStv packages reinforces our commitment to ensuring that our customers receive the best possible access to great entertainment and outstanding value, said Kobus Bezuidenhout, Regional Director, MIH West & Central Africa. “Entertainment is a powerful way to tell stories that open our minds, bring people together around shared passions, and connect us to new realities. It makes us laugh and cry. It informs, it educates and it inspires. As a Video Entertainment company our role is to enrich lives of our customers across the various territories we operate in,” concluded Kobus Bezuidenhout.