The Health Legend Foundation-Africa has awarded Okyeame Kwame for reaching out to the vulnerable in the society and promoting healthy lifestyle in Ghana.
He was bestowed this recognition during the 3rd Annual Health Legendary Awards and Conference organized on the 24th of October 2014, at the College of Physicians and Surgeons in Accra.
Okyeame Kwame received the Humanitarian award together with Dr. Mrs. Ernestina Naadu Mills and His Excellency John Agyekum Kufuor who received the Eagle Award and the Star Award, respectively all under the Honorary Legendary Award Category.
Okyeame Kwame, after receiving his award expressed gratitude to MTN Ghana Foundation, MDS Lancet Laboratories, Japan Motors and Roche for the support given him in the fight against Hepatitis B in Ghana. He entreated the youth to abstain from casual and unprotected sex and also called on the government of Ghana to check tariffs on imported drugs for Hepatitis B so as to increase the availability of the drugs for effective treatment of Hepatitis B in Ghana.
For the other category being the Competitive Award, 24 other individuals/institutions were also awarded for the impact they have created on the overall health delivery in Ghana. The list of competitive awardees is:
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital Modern Healthcare Facility Award (West Africa)
2. Hope City Medical Complex Special Healthcare Facility Award (Private)
3. Pentecost Hospital Outstanding Medical Healthcare Award
4. New Crystal Health Service LTD Total Healthcare Facility Award
5. Valley View Clinic Specialist Health Care in Psychiatric Award
6. Amen Scientific Herbal Hospital Outstanding Natural Healthcare Award(West Africa)
7. Champion Divine Clinic Specialist in Natural Health Care Award
8. Nana Boakye Herbal Outstanding Natural Health Product Distribution Award
9. End Point Homeopathic Clinic Specialist in Natural Health Care Award
10. Tatral Community Clinic Specialist in Women’s Health Care Award
11. Dr. Adu Boateng Healthcare Personality Award
12. Adutwumwaa Herbal Industries Outstanding Healthcare Product Manufacturing Award
13. Nationwide Mutual HealthCare Outstanding Health Insurance Award (Private)
14. Glico Health Care Outstanding Health Insurance Award (Private)
15. G2 Medical Laboratory Service Outstanding Laboratory Service Award
16. Television Africa (You and Your Health) Media Health Advocacy Award
17. Ghana Broadcasting Corporation Media Health Advocacy Award (Community)
18. Graphic Communications Group (Health Features) Media Health Advocacy Award
19. Peace FM “Wo mpom te sen” Media Health Advocacy Award
20. Creative Storm Networks (NGO) Health Advocacy Award
The Health Legendary Awards Scheme is an independent nationwide appreciative package for outstanding Health institutions, professional and related agencies identified under a year in review.
It has been an annual event in honours of Ghanaian and non-Ghanaian health workers across the country based on the summary views of the general public through recommendation and research. The awards in the past three years have recognized Policy makers, institutions and individuals mostly private who are doing well in the industry.
Submitted by: Team Okyeame Kwame